Nov 26, 2012

DIY Pallet Stage

Ok so now that the polls have closed I guess I am allowed to announce which project was mine for SYTYC! Mine was the DIY Reading Nook/Pallet Stage. Ha! Most of you guessed right. I guess I have a pretty distinct style and/or prose. I'm so excited to be in the competition and think it will be so fun to have a challenge for me to work on! This blog and the crafting has been such a fun outlet for me. Here is the post, just in case you missed it. AND come back later on for a super fun giveaway!

Hey SYTYC fans! I have been following all the crafty competitions in the past and have loved watching all of the  cool projects that come out of it! I have been wanting to make a stage for my girls for a long time now and this audition was the perfect opportunity to get it done. I always get these ideas and my husband thinks I’m crazy, but once they’re done he realizes I’m a genius ;) My girls LOVE to dance and sing for anyone who will listen to them. Our coffee table, couches, kitchen table, chairs, beds, etc have all become their stage to perform on. So, I thought this would be the perfect addition to their room. And I think it was a hit! They are completely obsessed. As I type this they are choreographing the perfect show for us :) I also decided it could double as a little reading nook. Bonus!  We created this out of an old pallet, some molding and a whole bunch of tulle. I hope you all love it as much as we do!

*Edited to Add: We took one of my husbands old pallets and filled in the gaps with pieces of cull wood from Home Depot (which kept this project c.h.e.a.p.) Then sanded the whole thing, painted with watered down white paint. We then used wood glue to attach the molding to the pallet for a more finished look (I started this project the day it was due..haha since I'm the worlds best procrastinator, so I didn't have time to fill the gaps in the molding but I would suggest that :) ) We used command strips on the ceiling to hold a tension rod HA My husband was dying and my "jerry rigging" (is that a real phrase??) BUT it has held up so far to my girls pulling and playing on it. If you figure out a better way to put up the curtains, please share :) My girls are still obsessed and love giving us shows on their new "shtage"!
PicMonkey Collage
IMG_8259IMG_8273

9 comments:

  1. this is adorable Camille! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Camille! If the girly girl-ness of the project didn't give it away, the chevron pillows did! : ) Hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, lots of things gave it away for me! So, you made it into the competition?? Im so excited. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOly cow - SO CUTE!! I have an extra pallet downstairs and know my girls would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I'd love to see a photo showing the tension rods and how you mounted them. I'm having trouble visualizing how you used the Command strips. Thank you for a wonderful idea!

    ~Candace

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little nook! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just cut the pallet at an angle?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I love to hear from you :)